Saturday, November 26, 2011

Making changes...

So a lot has happened since my last post.  I had to leave my beloved Kabou.  I moved south of Togo to a town called Agbodrafo.  Peace Corps made me leave because I was being harassed by a neighbor, unfortunately.  It was definitely a bitter sweet move, I pretty much spend 2 weeks trying to convince Peace Corps to let me stay.  Didn't work.  Anyway, Agbo (Agbodrafo is just too many damn syllables) is a beautiful town, just a different environment from Kabou.  Kabou is more of a community: everyone knows everyone, you literally can't walk 5 minutes without greeting at least 10 people, and people tend to be nicer.  In Agbo, people aren't necessarily mean, they just don't go out their way to greet you.  It's different.  It's also a tourist town so it has wonderful hotels, a great beach, a lake where you can swim, canoe, or even jet ski, and a slave house where a lot of tourist come to visit.  Only problem is, I'm not sure what I can do as a volunteer to help a town that seems pretty developed.  Except, there's a great computer lab so I could possibly teach some computer courses.  I don't know.  Hopefully the work will find me.  On va voir.

frolicking on the beach

Enjoying the scenery, there's also a nice bar on the beach ;-)

Lake Togo

Just thought this was a pretty pic - it's an unfinished church , that's been unfinished since1986

No comments:

Post a Comment