Sunday, December 4, 2011

The good and bad of Agbo...

Okay, so anyone who knows me know that I'm deathly afraid of bugs.  So of course being in Africa makes sense, right?  Yeah, I know.  Anyway, I'm officially starting to go crazy.  I've been living in Agbo for about a week and have seen countless spiders, a mouse, a roach and a scorpion.  All in a week.  Every night when I get in bed (before tucking in my mosquito net) I'm shaking my sheets making sure I don't have any visitors.  It's getting pretty ridiculous, and this is just the beginning. At least in Kabou, there was spiders and the occasional frog on my porch.  Being that I love taking pictures, it sucks that I don't have any bug pics to show.  I get too freaked out.  


Anyway, on a brighter note, the street food in Agbo is GREAT.  I've never really cared for street food before, mainly because it's so unsanitary.  But you tend to get over a lot of things living in Togo.  I love my bissaps, which are made from the Hibiscus flower and normally mixed with sugar, citron, and/or sometimes ginger.  It could be served hot or cold but normally in Togo it's cold and served in a bag.  Another favorite is beans and gari.  I don't know much about gari besides its made from cassava.  However, when finished it's white and grainy.  I know...not much of a description.  I will take a pic one day.  Oh, I also love my meat man.  Normally every evening you see the meat man grilling meat on a stick and dipping it in pepper...DELICIOUS.  Oh the list goes on but I'm starting to get hungry so I'm going to stop now...

Here's me sucking the life out of a bissap drink

My friend Lucian drinking a bissap too...he loves it too, can you tell?  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment