Friday, December 16, 2011

Photo Exhibit in Aneho

I got to tag along with my homologue (work counterpart) as he was aiding a french photographer in a photo exhibit in Aneho.  Besides Lomé, Aneho is the closest city to Agbodrafo.  It also is the prefecture for Agbo.  Coming from a smaller village, I had no idea stuff like this existed in Togo.  Well, at least outside of Lomé.  


Anyway, the experience was WONDERFUL.  The photos were taken last year in Agbodrafo and Aneho.  It showcases everything from the slave houses to voodoo traditions to the spectacular beaches.  I enjoyed it so much I thought I would share a few photos.  


Pierre (photograher), Claude (friend/assist), DJ, Dieudonne (my homologue)
The exhibit was held at the library in Aneho (and I might add, it was a pretty nice library).   We (the french photographer, his friend/assistant, my homologue, and two other people assisting my homologue) arrived in Aneho 10am to set up and prepare for the exhibit. The showcasing was to start at 2:30pm.  So after setting up, we headed to the local radio station to advertise a bit for the event.

Work wise I didn't do much.  However, the experience did give me a few work ideas.  I'm hoping after the holidays to create a website that showcases the attractions of Agbo to help increase tourism.  Hopefully I can get the ball rolling after the holidays.  On va voir.  Anyway, here are the photos....enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment